Friday, December 24, 2010

Soon to Come

As it's Christmas time, I have been thinking a lot about why I am a Christian and what that should mean for me, how it is prevalent in my life, etc. I will be posting something to that end soon.

On another note, I've been double-timing with my time trying to get rid of a lot of clothing and purchasing Christmas presents; I wish everyone could be their own consignment store - it's sad to think that I've spent so much money on clothes over the years, and that most of it will never come back.

Recently, She-Ra: Princess of Power Season 1: Volume 1 was released on Netflix. Needless to say, I relived that great part of childhood. However, after I got past the first five or so episodes, I realized why I had always liked the books better. PLOT! The plot was lacking after the initial five episodes and the show took on a moral/edifying stance to tell kids to "be loyal", "stand up for your friends", etc. Good messages, however, when each episode has no correlation with the preceding episodes (save "I am She-Ra, secret alter-ego of Adora, leader of The Great Rebellion against Hordak.") I was slightly disappointed with that attitude, but if you look at each episode as it is, they work to the end they were created for.

Highlights of the week? So far, I've seen many friends, but the most precious times are of course spent with my best friend who has come home from college out of town. Last night, we met up with another friend from High School and eventually some of my friends from college and we played cards while they played Halo 2 and guitars. Eventually, we ended up watching Scorcese's "Gangs of New York", starring Daniel Day Lewis and Leonardo DiCaprio. I was awake until 4:12 in the morning for that one. But, it was fun - I'm glad to have spent time with those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment